Sunday, October 2, 2011

Write it down and watch it grow

How many times do we say I should-a, could-a done that thing?  How many times indeed.  I'd like to say that years ago the brilliant Dr. Maya Angelou took my idea and ran with it when she published greeting cards.  I'd like to say that but the truth is I had a similar idea. I did nothing with my idea and regrettably, it died.  I could kick myself.  I could-a, would-a, should-a, created my own greeting cards.  Yes I could, but I tarried.  Ughh! 

Maybe you've also had a vision for something of your own.
"I can't do it."  "It won't be good enough."  "No one will want this [thing I have to offer]."  "If it was such a good idea, someone else would have done it already." Are those some of the excuses we give ourselves when we don't act on our dreams? 
Recently I was on a teleconference called Sunday Seeds.  The conference takes place on Sundays from 8:30 - 9:00pm (800-416-4956 code: 3812-2365).  The speaker, Dr. Donald Hilliard emphasizes the importance of giving life to those seeds of ideas that we possess in our minds and hearts.  He encourages us to write down our vision.  "Write it down", he says over and over.  "Write it down and declare it every day." 

Dr Hilliard encourages the following steps:
  • Identify your vision
  • Write down your vision
  • Believe in your vision
  • Commit to your vision
  • Declare your vision
  • Affirm your vision
  • Prioritize the tasks you need to do to make it happen... and do it.

Today I've decided my dreams will live, I will plant the seeds of my dreams. I will write them down and nurture them. I will affirm them everyday as I begin to take the small steps to making them grow. This dream will live... I will not let another vision die. Neither should you!




"There are seeds of possibilities in each of us that will bear great fruit if allowed to grow." Dr. Denise Williams

.



1 comment:

  1. How very inspiring!!! Today, like you, I will take that first step to realising even one of my dreams. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete